Whether it’s in our St. Louis chiropractic clinic or out in the world, we’re always telling people if they suffer from knee pain, seeing a chiropractor is the first thing they should do. There are so many ways a chiropractor can improve a patient’s knee pain.
Many people only think of chiropractors as back doctors. Far from it. Chiropractors are musculoskeletal specialists which means their skills apply from your head to your toes. In case you are ever in a situation where you need help with knee pain, we want you to know how a chiropractor can help you.
How to Avoid Knee Pain
One of the most important ways to avoid knee pain is to maintain excellent overall balance and good posture. When your whole body is in balance, you don’t have muscles straining and pulling your body out of whack. Regular visits to your chiropractor are essential to maintain your structural balance. It’s the best way to keep all your joints flexible and mobile.
That said, there are times when some areas of your body need a little extra help!
11 Ways We Relieve Knee Pain
- Everything starts with a detailed examination. Before we start treating, we need to know exactly what is causing the pain. We’ll ask you questions about the pain, find out what makes it better or worse and watch you walk. We’ll then conduct a manual exam of your knee and have you flex and extend your leg as far as you can. Other tests may be performed as well.
- A Joint Mobility Analysis is a special service we provide as an additional diagnostic step. This analysis utilizes multiple x-rays taken as a patient’s body moves so we can see what happens inside the joints during movement.
- We will check for misalignments in the spine that are straining muscles and throwing your whole body out of alignment. That misalignment will strain your knees as well as other joints. Gentle adjustments can restore the correct alignment and free up the muscles to relieve strain on the knees.
- Even if the cause of the pain is osteoarthritis, chiropractic adjustments improve overall health which can help the body fight this inflammation and slow its advancement.
- Nutritional counseling and supplementation can help reduce inflammation in and around all your joints.
- Many Americans eat a diet made up of foods that cause inflammation. We can advise you on how to choose anti-inflammatory foods to protect all your joints.
- Pressure Point Therapy is an excellent, drug-free method of pain relief that can improve knee pain.
- Excess weight places a strain on every joint and organ. If you are overweight, we will help you understand how to make the transition to a better diet to help you lose weight. Your joints will appreciate it!
- As needed, we will determine if your feet need additional support to help your body stand straight and balanced. Mattingly Chiropractic can prescribe custom orthotics: customized medical devices slipped into your shoes to correctly support the arches in your feet and to correctly align your feet, ankles and knees. This alone has helped some people eliminate knee pain.
- If tight, underdeveloped or unbalanced muscles contribute to your knee pain, we will advise you on the best exercises you can do to correct this problem.
- How you sleep and work also influences the alignment and balance of your body. We will be happy to advise you on strategies for healthy habits in these areas.
If it sounds like there are a lot of different ways we can help you with knee pain, you are exactly right! When you tell us you have knee pain, we will do everything we can to ensure you get the best and speediest results in relieving that pain.
Don’t Suffer with Knee Pain in Silence
When you first notice a pattern of knee pain, come see us immediately. The sooner, the better. If there is some kind of inflammation inside your knees, we’ll work together to reverse this problem from the first moment possible.
In many cases, however, tight, strained or underdeveloped muscles or poor alignment of the feet are the root cause of knee pain. When this is the case, we can quickly have you on the road to a pain-free future.
If you’re suffering from knee pain, we hope to see you soon so we can get you on the road to a pain-free future. Call us to schedule a diagnostic examination so we can get started: (314) 635-1008.