Calcium and Magnesium are important minerals that the body uses to function properly.
Here is a list of it’s beneficial functions:
- It excites nerves and is needed for muscle contraction, including normal heartbeat.
- Calcium makes bone stiff and hard. Without it your bones will become weak.
- It is a major component of teeth. Without it, your teeth will be more prone to cavities and may fall out.
- It plays an essential role in brain function. (Lord knows we all need more of that… I sure do!)
- It is part of the blood clotting mechanism without which you would bleed to death.
- Calcium has also been shown to help with osteoporosis, cramps, herpes, canker sores, sleeplessness, infections, fevers…just a short list!
So, Calcium is an important nutrient essential for maintaining total body health. It does a body good! In the next couple of days I’ll give you some data on Magnesium and why Calcium intake must be balanced with Magnesium.