Clam chowder recipe with minced clams, bacon, onion, and potatoes and milk.
- 4 (6 1/2 oz.) cans minced clams with juice
- 1/2 lb. salt pork or bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 c. water
- 3 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 c. half and half cream or milk
- 3 to 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Cut clams into bite-sized pieces if necessary. In skillet, saute salt pork or bacon and onion until golden brown; drain. Put into slow cooker with clams. Add all remaining ingredients, except milk, cornstarch, and parsley.
Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. During the last hour of cooking, combine 1 cup of milk with the cornstarch. Add cornstarch mixture and the remaining milk and stir well; heat through.
Top each serving with a little chopped parsley and serve with crackers or crusty French bread.