Sometimes it is hard for people to understand how easy it is to be in control of their own health and bodies. Often, the problems they’re encountering are solved by something as simple as looking in the mirror.
Do you experience headaches? Back pain? Unexplained aches? Do a posture self-assessment. This is very simple, but can tell you a lot about your health and body alignment. The steps are as follows:
- Stand in front of the mirror with your shirt on
- Move your head to the left and right and let it settle where it feels natural
- Look to see if your head is tilted to the left or right
- Shrug your shoulders up and down and let them relax where they settle naturally
- Look at your shoulders and see if one is higher than the other.
If you notice your head tilting to one side or one of your shoulders higher than the other, this is a sign that your body is out of alignment–and it’s creating way more problems than you might imagine. The outward appearance of your body misalignment might look small. However, the internal impact is significant.
Your body can’t function well when it isn’t well aligned with itself, and this creates a number of health problems and pains. The solution to a misaligned body is simple: ensure that you keep things in shape with chiropractic adjustments.
So, how do you know if you need an adjustment? Do you wait until you’re in pain? No, because by that time it’s too late.
Simply do the DIY posture assessment above and you’ll have a really good idea of your overall physical condition.
If you have any questions about the above, don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m always interested.