Whether oral or injected contraceptives are taken as birth control or to “regulate” the female menstrual cycle, there are health risks many women are unaware of or misinformed about. Men don’t stop reading now! Your wives and girlfriends could be facing serious health risks! The Pill is often prescribed, even to 12 and 13 year old girls, to help “regulate” their cycle. I put regulate in quotations because the Pill does anything but regulate; it actually suppresses the endocrine system in order to prevent ovulation.
Oral and injected contraceptives are drugs. Period. They are made up of synthetic low-dose mixes of estrogens and progestins; often leading to estrogen dominance. Injected contraceptives such as the Depo shot have an even higher chance of causing health risks! Below is a list of known health risks of both oral and injected contraceptives (List taken from Balancing Female Hormones; by Lang Nutritional Seminars).
- Headaches and migraines
- Insulin resistance
- Cervical dysplasia (This is the abnormal growth of cells on the surface of the cervix. Although this is not cancer it is considered a precancerous condition.), ovarian cysts and infertility
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Gall bladder issues
- Mental and emotional side effects
- Loss of libido
- Increased anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, and sleeping pill usage
- Endocrine malfunction
- Birth defects and birth marks in offspring
- Increased risk of high blood pressure
- Increased risk of blood clots
- Increased risk of stroke
- Increased risk of heart attack
- Increased risk of ovarian, breast and uterine cancer
- Thyroid and liver dysfunction and cancer
- Reduces antioxidant levels particularly in liver
- Nutritional deficiencies in Folic Acid, B12, B5, B complex, Magnesium, Maganese, Zinc and Vitamin A
- copper toxicity
- Immune dysfunction and autoimmune disease
Contact our office today for the protocol from Standard Process to handle estrogen dominance caused by oral and injected contraceptives!