How Chiropractors Help Reduce Pain
Today, let’s talk about chiropractic care and pain. There are different types of pain that land a person in my office. They include:
- An ache which is a continuous or a prolonged dull pain in the body.
- Pins and needles, which is a tingling, prickling sensation.
- A burning pain, in the description of the patient. You can feel the heat and the patient will tell me, “Well, I got this burning sensation down my leg.” That’s definitely a pinched nerve.
- Stabbing, that’s a sudden sharp pain. It can occur in the back. It can occur down the arms. Again, that’s a pinched nerve.
- Numbness, which is a loss of sensation. People can’t feel. That can occur down the arm. A pinched nerve in the neck can create numbness. A pinched nerve in the lower back can create numbness down the leg so that the patient can’t feel the leg, can’t feel the feet.
- Many times, numbness and tingling go together, so a patient can’t feel a certain area of their body but it tingles.
All of these pains that patients come into my office with are related to some kind of a cervical, thoracic or lumbar problem with a pinched nerve.
Zeroing in on the Right Cause
There’s a little form that I have patients fill out so that I can really hone in on what areas of the spine are the cause of their problem as it relates to pain.
I have the patient mark the form so I can figure out, “All right, where is your problem?” When the patient draws in the areas of the body where they have pain, I can really look at what problems they’re having and get into the spine and figure out what we’re dealing with here.
Other Types of Pain
There are even more types of pain that a person can have besides the ones that I listed. People can tell me that they have soreness; they’re tender; it hurts; it’s irritated. There could be acute pains or there could be chronic pains and chronic aches.
Whatever the case may be, it’s mostly related to some type of a pinched nerve that’s causing the problem.
If you’re suffering from some of those problems, a good chiropractic evaluation of your situation and chiropractic treatment can help get you out of pain. The first thing a chiropractor does is take a really good look at your spine and how it relates to the problem you’re having.
You know, you can have carpal tunnel syndrome and not even think about your spine being the problem because you feel so much pain in your wrist. Or, you could have sciatica and not even think of your lower back being the problem because you feel the pain so much in your buttock or down your leg.
Talk to Us If You Need Help!
The best thing to do is to get on the phone and call me up and I’ll talk to you and see what kind of situation you’ve got going on. We can have you come into the office; I can do some free Pressure Point Therapy on you. And we can do a good chiropractic analysis.
I look forward to talking to you and hope you pass this video along to other people, too. If they’ve got some of these aches, pins and needles and so forth, they probably have some kind of a chiropractic problem going on with their spine.