Natural Chiropractic Relief For Your Neck Pain
When a patient presents themselves to my office with neck pain, one of the first things they tell me as we are discussing their health history is “I do not understand where it came from because I did not do anything to my neck”. In discussing that point I explain to the patient that your neck is very flexible and supports the weight of your head so it can be vulnerable to injuries from auto accidents, looking down at a phone for extended periods of time, looking at a computer for hours, sleeping on a couch without proper support, a bad mattress, sitting with your head turned one way or the other for extended periods, reading in bed, etc. The list of things that could cause neck pain could be anything that you do while using your neck throughout the day!
Chiropractic Exam And X-rays
So, at this point the most important thing to do is evaluate the problem by doing an examination which includes range of motion, reflexes, certain chiropractic and orthopedic tests, and a thorough palpatory examination where I feel your neck muscles and joints for pressure points. And finally, one of the best tools to determine the alignment problems with the neck is to take x-rays! So it is with this data that I can diagnose and treat your condition of neck pain with Pressure Point Therapy and Chiropractic adjustments.
Dr. Mattingly’s Instructions To Help Your Neck Pain
Now, as we go through your treatment program you will be instructed on the following:
- Good posture through Posture Exercise. Note that good posture is restored when the alignment patterns of your neck are restored to a more normal position.
- Take frequent stretching breaks if you are sitting at a computer, looking at a phone or driving for extended periods.
- Adjust your desk and computer monitor so that you are looking straight at the monitor to eliminate flexing your head downward or rotating it.
- Sleep in a good position such that if sleeping on your side your head should be parallel to your bed or if on your back your head is in slight extension.
- Extension means that your chin would be slightly elevated.
So, there you go. If you have neck pain it is time to get your condition properly evaluated and treated. Your neck contains and protects of all things, your spinal cord. If your neck is painful, I can tell you with certainty that it is out of alignment. When it is out of alignment it can affect your spinal cord and the nerves that leave out the side. I offer an Introductory Pressure Point Therapy treatment that can help ease your neck pain for FREE! Give us a call at 314-635-1008 to schedule your appointment today!